If you worry that you might develop spider veins, reaching out to a professional as soon as possible is your best course of action. Dangerous or not, spider veins are certainly undesirable. But are spider veins a cause for alarm?
Before you set out on a quest to find a recognized vein specialist who has a proven track record, experience and expertise to remove spider veins in Los Angeles, here’s what you need to know about the risk factors.
What are spider veins a sign of?
Spider veins might be harmless, but they frequently cause discomfort that ranges from itchiness to fatigue. They could also indicate that you are more likely to suffer from more severe vascular issues. Consulting a vein specialist immediately is the only way to determine whether spider veins need to be removed for cosmetic reasons or if they are a sign of something more serious.
Here are the risk factors that make spider veins more likely:
- You have a genetic predisposition for spider veins or varicose veins
- You are female
- You are pregnant
- You have a sedentary lifestyle
- You frequently stand for longer stretches of time
- You are overweight
- You suffer from a hormonal imbalance
- You have had blood clots or vein damage in the past
- Your skin has suffered damage from the sun
- Pressure in the face during coughing, sneezing or childbirth (resulting in spider veins on the face)
At what age do spider veins appear?
Although age is one factor at play, in the sense that the older you get, the more likely you are to develop spider veins, it is not the only one. In other words, spider veins can appear even at a very young age, and it has been known to affect people and especially women in their 20s.
What can I do to prevent spider veins from appearing?
Spider vein prevention boils down to promoting a healthier lifestyle and scheduling regular appointments with your vein specialist. Here’s a rundown of the steps you can take to prevent or lower the risk of the appearance of spider veins:
- Keep your weight in check
- Maintain a healthier diet
- Exercise on regular basis
- Boost your blood circulation
- Avoid sitting or standing for a longer stretch of time without a break
- Avoid crossing your legs when sitting
- Keep your legs elevated when sitting or lying down
- Apply sunscreen
- Avoid using hot tubs and saunas
- Avoid wearing tight clothing
- Try to limit your alcohol consumption
- Consult a vein specialist regularly
What can you do about spider veins?
If you are too self-conscious to show off your legs even during a stroll through Griffith Park on a warm summer day, you have a problem that could take a heavy toll on your confidence. Since spider veins are impossible to cover up, forget about buying the various heavily marketed cover-up products. They cannot give you a lasting solution. The only effective way to eliminate spider veins is undergo a treatment under the name of sclerotherapy. It is the only permanent way to get rid of spider veins and restore your self-confidence.
The fast & effective way to remove spider veins in Los Angeles
Even if you are still uncertain whether you are in danger of getting spider veins, you can never go wrong when you consult Dr Ivan Brooks, a double board-certified vein specialist who has changed the lives of countless patients. With our trusted team in your corner, you will look and feel healthier and more beautiful than ever before. Our patients have full confidence in us because we pave the way for a brighter future in which spider or varicose veins are a thing of the past. Call us today and prepare for a more confident you.