It comes as no surprise that many LA women are on a quest for the fastest, most efficient method of removing spider veins in Los Angeles. Although they might not be as prominent or painful as varicose veins, spider veins are an eyesore.
If you run the risk of having spider veins or already suffer from this condition, you must be wondering: are spider veins a cause for alarm? Read on to learn more.
Are spider veins normal?
Spider veins are not normal, but there are factors make them more likely to appear, especially in the following cases:
- Varicose and spider veins run in the family as the condition is often hereditary
- Being female, since the condition affects women more than men
- Being pregnant
- Having a sedentary lifestyle or standing for longer periods of time
- Being older
- Being overweight
- Blood clots or vein damage
- Damage from the sun
- Pressure in the face, such as during childbirth (which causes spider veins to appear on the face)
Although thinner, more delicate and far less prominent, spider veins are unattractive and often removed for cosmetic reasons.
Of course, there are reasons other than vanity why you would want them removed. One such reason is that they, too, could be a source of discomfort which can manifest itself through itching, burning, throbbing, fatigue, heaviness or restlessness.
Another reason why this condition is not to be taken lightly is the fact that they could have a huge impact on your self-confidence. Every time you feel like going for a walk in MacArthur Park on a glorious Saturday morning, it is the thought of showing off your legs that is enough to kill the mood.
How can I prevent spider veins?
Now that you know what you’re up against, you must be eager to learn more about spider vein prevention. To prevent spider veins, you should consult a professional. But here are some steps you could take:
- Weight control: a healthier diet means you are less likely to gain weight
- Perform physical activities on regular basis to boost blood circulation
- Avoid sitting or standing for longer periods of time
- Avoid crossing your legs
- Keep your legs elevated whenever possible
- Wear sunscreen
- Limit the use of hot tubs and saunas
- Avoid wearing tight clothes
- Limit the consumption of alcohol
- Consult a vein specialist
How do I get rid of spider veins on my feet and legs?
There are cover-up products you could use as a quick fix, but the only way to remove spider veins for good is to undergo a treatment by a vein specialist. The recommended treatment goes by the name of sclerotherapy. In the event that you have a more serious condition, multiple treatments may be necessary. Sometimes, your vein specialist will suggest you combine another treatment with sclerotherapy. The same applies to spider veins on the face.
Removing spider veins in Los Angeles County: maximum benefits, zero pain
Now that you know what spider veins are and what it is you are dealing with, you want the best of the best handling your treatment. That is where Doctor Ivan Brooks, MD comes in. As a double board-certified vein specialist, he and his trusted team will make sure you receive the best possible treatment. We want you to leave with a smile on your face and a spring in your step! With us by your side, the whole experience will be like a walk in the park.