Painful and potentially dangerous, varicose veins are not a condition you want to ignore. Even if you could eliminate the complications that may come with varicose veins, the condition can decrease your quality of life. It can even cause you to lose self-confidence since unsightly varicose and spider veins can affect your physical appearance to a considerable extent.
For all these reasons, most people suffering from varicose veins will do everything in their power to find an effective way to have them eliminated altogether. Before you book your initial consultation to see if you are eligible for foam sclerotherapy in Los Angeles, here’s what you can do to relieve the pain caused by varicose veins.
How does varicose vein pain manifest itself?
Depending on the severity of your condition and your lifestyle, you may experience any or all of the following symptoms:
- Muscle cramps
How do you rest varicose veins?
Varicose veins tend to cause pain that gets more intense at night, which is why it is important to put your best efforts into trying to avoid putting too much pressure on your legs throughout the day. You should try resting them whenever you get a chance. Of course, if your job dictates your lifestyle, you may not be able to avoid sitting or standing for longer periods of time which could aggravate the condition.
Try to introduce some healthy habits to your daily routine. The most effective and simplest way to do that is to keep your legs elevated whenever possible.
What are some effective home remedies for varicose veins?
Varicose veins are an increasingly common condition, so it comes as no surprise that people suffering from it are willing to try any remedy available to minimize its effect. Aside from keeping your legs elevated, you can try the following for long or short-term effects:
- Wear compression stockings,
- Avoid wearing tight clothes and go for loose-fitting clothes instead,
- Start a regular exercise routine (yoga, swimming, cycling),
- Make dietary changes,
- Use plant extracts and essential oils.
Is massage good for varicose veins?
Gentle massage using massage oil or moisturizer can indeed have the short-term effect of improving blood flow in the veins. However, bear in mind that the affected tissue is fragile and prone to damage, so avoid applying direct pressure.
What is the optimal diet for varicose veins?
Adopting a healthier diet can have a considerable long-term effect on your health and the appearance and symptoms of your varicose veins. It allows you to reduce water retention. Implement changes such as:
- Increasing the intake of food high in potassium (potatoes, leafy vegetables, almonds, pistachio, lentils, white beans, fish such as tuna or salmon),
- Increasing the intake of food high in fiber (whole-grain foods in general, nuts, seeds, legumes, oats, wheat, flaxseed),
- Minimizing your salt intake as sodium-rich foods lead to water retention,
- Increasing the intake of foods that contain flavonoids (vegetables, garlic, cocoa, citrus fruits, grapes, cherries, blueberries and apples)
- Adding herbal remedies such as grape seed extract to your diet.
Minimally-invasive foam sclerotherapy in Los Angeles
Welcome to Beverly Hills Vein Institute in Beverly Hills, where you can undergo foam sclerotherapy, an effective yet minimally-invasive type of varicose vein treatment. Since the procedure will be performed by the leading vein specialist Dr Ivan Brooks, you can rest assured there will be no risks to your health and safety. Regardless of the severity of your condition, expect to see significant improvement and promising results. Rely on our team to lend you a helping hand and show you the way to a brighter future.